Please send your CV, a brief statement of research interests, and contact information of 2-3 references to Prof. Yao(firstname.lastname@example.org).
Postdoctoral Research Scholars in Optics and Optoelectronics
- Location: Tempe, AZ
- Posting Date: Nov 20, 2019
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Applications are invited for postdoctoral positions in the Nanoscale Optoelectronics Lab (https://yao-group.labs.asu.edu/) at Arizona State University. The successful candidates will work on metasurface-based optoelectronic device design, fabrication, system integration and applications. The work involves planning research activities, investigating and implementing device fabrication/system integration, documenting relevant results in appropriate forms, writing project reports and scientific papers.
- PhD. in Optical engineering, Electrical engineering, Applied Physics, or other related fields.
- Knowledge and experience in wave optics simulation and modeling.
- Knowledge and skills in designing and building optical setups.
- Knowledge and experience in device fabrication (such as thin-film deposition, reactive ion etching (RIE), lithography, etc) and characterization techniques.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, teamwork and leadership
- Excellent time management skills
- Knowledge and experience in one or more of the following techniques will be highly beneficial: semiconductor devices, knowledge in optical polarization, polarimetry, image analysis, programming languages (C, C++, Python or MATLAB), automation and control based on MCU (such as Raspberry Pi or Arduino);
- Ability and interest in learning new knowledge and skills needed for the project.
- Ability and interest in mentoring graduate and undergraduate students in research
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary environment.